In today’s dynamic and technology-driven business world, potential customers can be difficult to engage with. And while all the tools and tricks of modern marketing can be helpful and ease a marketer’s job, they’re ultimately useless if they don’t produce new leads.
President and CEO of Strategic Communications Group (Strategic), offers a few industry best practices on how to rev up your lead generation efforts. Be sure to check out the Strategic Guy blog for more insights and best practices from Marc Hausman.
1. Target prospects based on propensity and profitability. Many organizations squander resources by pursuing business with prospects who have no intention of ever buying or (worse) represent unprofitable business.
2. Follow the rule of three when it comes to messaging. Keep your company’s value proposition clear and concise, and limited to three core messages.
3. Focus on content distribution, as much as creation. Exceptional content is irrelevant if you don’t put it in the hands of customers and prospects. That’s why it is imperative to fund a multi-channel content distribution program.
4. Collaborate with sales from day one. Sales reps are in frequent dialogue with prospects and can help you more quickly identify the needs and requirements of the market.
5. Cherish the data. Analytics serve as a barometer of interest and opportunity because prospects tell us what they think by how they engage with content.