According to Steve Richard, Co-founder and Managing Partner at VorsightBP, “Collectively we are very sophisticated at bottom of the funnel sales training…The problem is that sales process methodologies presume that you have a qualified opportunity in the first place. By and large there is a massive void when it comes to top of funnel sales training.”
Below are a couple of questions to ask to determine if your sales reps are prospecting rock stars, or if your sales team could benefit from some top of the funnel sales training:
- Do your reps sound any different from competitors calling on the same prospects?
- A sales rep has just seconds to gain traction with a prospect. How effective are your reps at quickly piquing curiosity and establishing credibility?
- How efficient is your team at finding the right contacts at new accounts?
- How good are your reps at getting past gatekeepers?
- How successful is your team at converting prospecting activities into genuine next steps?
- Is your process for prospecting repeatable and scalable across the organization?