Marketing experts and thought leaders are continually searching for ways to reach their target audiences effectively, and with the variety of social platforms and mobile devices available to prospects and customers, it is crucial to create a dynamic portfolio of content.
Believe it or not, an effective content marketing strategy does not rely on text alone. As the old saying goes, variety is the spice of life, and the same is also true in a good content marketing strategy.
Aside from simply being an entertaining diversion from the usual, video has been pulling some impressive results for those who know how to effectively employ it. In fact, here are a few telling statistics about video’s success as part of a content marketing strategy:
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (Source: Mist Media)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Of the 80% of internet users who watched a video ad, 46% took some sort of action after viewing the ad. (Source: Video Brewery)
- 59% of senior executives prefer video over text. (Source: Brainshark)
- Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (Source: SEOmoz)
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (Source: Mist Media)
And because no post about video would be complete without a video, here’s a short clip explaining why video is so vital to your content marketing strategy:
If you’d like to find out more about how to incorporate video into your content marketing strategy, be sure to check out a free webinar this Thursday September 26, 2013. Hosted by Marc Hausman, President and CEO of Strategic Communications Group, the webinar will feature insights from John Carter of Whiteboard DC, as well as Shany Seawright, Managing Director at Strategic Communications Group. The event will cover topics including key elements to creating effective video; why and how video creation should be utilized; and case study examples and lessons learned from the pros. Click here to register for the event!